Monday, April 27, 2009
The Rebbe says that, this is the Generation of Moshiach
Excerpts of Seichas where the Rebbe says that, this is the generation of Moshiach
(Shabbos Vayeitzei, 5752, ch. 18)
1. "Our generation is the final generation of Galus [exile], and the first generation of the Geulah [Final Redemption]..."
(Shabbos Vayigash, 5751, ch. 8, and in countless other sichos.
See Maamar Basi LeGani, 5711, at length)
2. "The appointing of David, King Moshiach ['Dovid Malka Meshicha,' a commonly-used title referring to Moshiach], has already taken place; as it is written [Tehillim 89:21] 'I have found My servant David, with My holy oil I have anointed him.' The only thing that is [currently] necessary, is the acceptance of his kingship by the people."(Shabbos Mishpatim, 5751, ch.10)
3. "Moshiach [King Messiah] himself is literally present, existing now in the world. As it is known, 'In every generation, there is someone born from the seed of Yehudah, who is worthy of being Moshiach, Redeemer of the Jews' (the quintessential point of the general soul of Israel)... If only negative factors would not mix in to impede and withhold, etc., he would reveal himself, and actually come.
"Now, according to the announcement of the Rebbe, my father-in-law, leader of our generation... that all areas of our Divine service throughout Galus have been completed and perfected, we are standing ready to greet the righteous Moshiach.
This means, that all impediments and obstacles have been nullified. As such, not only is the actual bodily existence of Moshiach here, but also the revelation of Moshiach. Now, all one needs to do is actually greet and accept Moshiach!" (Shabbos Vayeira, 5752, ch. 14)
4. "We actually see how the [ruling of Maimonides that “Moshiach] will wage the war of Hashem', and he will be victorious”, has been and is being fulfilled in many respects." (Shabbos Chayei Sarah, 5752, ch. 13)
5. "Once we already have [in the words of the Rambam], the 'king from the House of David; deeply absorbed in the study of Torah and occupied with Mitzvos [commandments], like his ancestor David... and he will prevail upon all Jews to walk in [the way of the Torah], and repair its breaches, and will wage the war of God...'
Who is rightfully presumed to be Moshiach [b'chezkas shehu Moshiach], we should thus immediately merit, that he already become Moshiach b'vadai, [definitely Moshiach]." (Shabbos Shemos, 5752, ch. 14)
6. "Every single Jew must perform his Divine service in a manner similar to and befitting the days of Moshiach, and the subsequent era of Techiyas HaMeisim, [Resurrection of the Dead].
This is exhibited first and foremost, through faith, anticipation and knowledge, that supernatural events will occur in the days of Moshiach, namely Techiyas HaMeisim. [This knowledge is in addition to belief in] all the details as described by the Rambam, 'A king will rise from the House of David... He is rightfully presumed to be Moshiach.'
"Belief in these concepts must be with certainty, and must be as unshakably firm as the belief in the Ten Commandments. Obviously the belief in Techiyas HaMeisim [resurrection of the dead] requires that same degree of certainty and anticipation.
"This must be emphasized so much more in our present generation, when many Messianic signs are unfolding. These constitute a clear indication, that Moshiach is already present in the world. Moreover, he is already a prominent Jewish leader, 'a king from the House of David, deeply absorbed in the study of Torah,' etc.
"Therefore, in our present generation, great emphasis must be placed on belief in the coming of Moshiach, and anything which relates to it."
(Shabbos Acharei, 5746, Hisvaduyos, unedited)
7. "...The resolution and proclamation of the rulers of the nations of the world this past Friday... in accordance with the verse, 'They will beat their swords into plowshares,' is a direct result of the resolution and proclamation of '[our] rulers the Rabbis' that 'Hinei zeh Melech HaMoshiach ba' ['Behold! Here he is.
Here comes King Moshiach!'].
Beginning with the Halachic ruling of the Rebbe, my father-in-law, leader of our generation, that all our actions and Divine service throughout Exile have already been completed and perfected, and we are prepared to greet Moshiach Tzidkeinu [Our Righteous King Messiah].
"[This includes] as well the ruling of the [worldwide] Rabbinic authorities... that the time of the Redemption has arrived, [in which] 'A king will rise from the House of David... he is presumed to be Moshiach,' and even the time of, 'This is certainly Moshiach'--a ruling with the authority of Mount Sinai.
"[This halachic proclamation] has been drawn down into the physical world, causing such an all-pervading impact, demonstrating a foretaste and beginning of the effects of Moshiach among the gentile nations."
(Shabbos Mishpatim, 5752, ch.6)
"Since we currently find ourselves at 'the high point' of Moshiach Tzidkeinu's coming, 'Behold! Here comes Moshiach!' we are already seeing (a sampling and) a beginning of the influence and effect of King Moshiach on the nations." (ibid., ch.2)
8. "Thus, it is important to realize the ruling of Jewish law also for our times (even before the Redemption), that the revelation of prophecy does exist (for Moshiach, even prior to the Redemption)..."
(Shabbos Shoftim, 5751, ch. 9)
9. "One should understand, see and sense, in the literal sense in this materialistic world, the true and complete Redemption in all actuality; and one should study the teachings of Moshiach (pnimiyus haTorah) in a way that he can actually visualize it.
"All this is here already. We need only to open our eyes and we will see it."